The Federal Housing Administration (FHA), which is part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), provides various loan programs that make getting a home loan easier for those with limited credit experience, a small down payment, limited funds to make monthly payments and/or for those who may not qualify for other types of loans.
These loans are offered through Carrington, and are insured by the FHA. FHA loans typically offer more flexible underwriting guidelines than conventional loans.
- Lower credit scores are acceptable
- Owner occupied properties only
- Up to 30 year fixed rate term
- Down payment as low as 3.5%
- Refinance with limited equity
- 100% gift funds may be used for down payment and closing costs
- No pre-payment penalties
- An effective refinancing option for current high cost mortgages
- Non-occupant co-borrowers acceptable